Image via: www.sheknows.com
The bachelorette party is a right of passage for every bride-to-be. It gives her the chance to have a deserving break with her best girlfriends from the chaos that wedding planning can cause. This wonderful event is consciously modeled after the centuries old bachelor parties men have been enjoying all along. The first bachelorette parties occurred in the 1960’s but were extremely rare, and became more and more popular in the 1980’s due to gender equality. And about time too. I think girls have the right to kick up their heals and wake up in a strange place if they want to just like their counterparts!
Image via: www.briedesignedit.com
The image of a bachelorette party has changed and adapted over the years since it made its appearance in the 60’s. It originally was a simple dinner with the bride and her girlfriends the night before her wedding after the rehearsal.
Image via: blog.cadeauonline.com
As the groom’s bachelor party began to move from just a dinner with his guys to a true party filled with all kinds of drinking and well-known debauchery, the girls followed suit. Women began to rock out just as hard and the event revolved around trading intimate secrets, getting drunk and buying sexy lingerie for the bride to be.
I am so fond of the trends I have been seeing lately. You know, something different than the stereotypical bachelorette party where everyone wakes up with the hangover of a lifetime! Here are some ideas I LOVE:
Image via: www.nationalgeographicstock.com
1) Wine Tasting: Head off to California for the weekend to a vineyard to try different wines and cheeses, go sightseeing after and just relax. If you can’t afford to fly out of state there is more then likely a winery in your area. If you can though, go to Napa. Love love love it there!
Image via: Lisa Miller Wellness
2) Cooking Class: I have heard so many of my brides say they don’t even know how to boil water let alone make a meal! Learn a new dish that you can cook for your future hubby, impress him with your wife skills.
3) Spa Day: Go get pampered at the local hotel. Facials, massages, manis and pedis with some mimosas! Come home looking refreshed rather than having been hit by a cross-town bus!
Image via: www.kristiriley.com
4) Slumber Party: Slip out of your work clothes and put on a set of matching PJs and stay in and eat popcorn and watch wedding movies like Wedding Crashers, Father of the Bride and Bride Wars!
Image via: electronicintifada.net
5) Go to a Comedy Club: Nothing cures a stressed out bride like a good laugh with her friends. It’ll be a great pre-wedding ab workout for all of you minus the gym!
So go have your “last fling before the ring” and make lasting memories that you’ll remember for a lifetime!
Just don’t call me to bail you out if your party goes awry! I dont’ answer after 11 PM.! Have fun my friends!
Source: New feed